[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia-l Digest, Vol 110, Issue 27

Romaine Wiki romaine_wiki at yahoo.com
Sun May 12 05:37:20 UTC 2013

It doesn't sound like a smart decision to me. From my own experience I know that many office people in the Wikimedia movement do a great job, but are terrible in maintaining a wiki. While volunteers are mostly good at this because of their experience.

Why removing the tools that experienced people are good in using them if needed?

The signal this give the the community is: "fuck off, we know better". I really hope the office doesn't actually want to give that signal but want to work alongside with the community.

Please think things through...

Romaine