[Wikimedia-l] Go away, community (from WMF wiki at least)

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Sat May 11 17:05:55 UTC 2013

Sue Gardner wrote:
>So. People can disagree with this decision, and that's okay. But
>ultimately, the Wikimedia Foundation is responsible for the Wikimedia
>Foundation wiki: it's our job to figure out how best to manage and
>Maintain it. That's what we're doing here.

wikimediafoundation.org has historically been managed by the Board. Not
Gayle or Philippe.

I'm still waiting on the Board to chime in here. It's my understanding
that several Board members (current and former) wanted to open the wiki to
more editing and cleanup in the short-term and in the long-term re-unite
the wiki with Meta-Wiki at www.wikimedia.org.

This is a step in the wrong direction.

MZMcBride