[Wikimedia-l] Go away, community (from WMF wiki at least)

Craig Franklin cfranklin at halonetwork.net
Sat May 11 11:51:59 UTC 2013

This sort of tone might be appropriate coming from HR in a bank or
something, but I'm tremendously disappointed that something so tactless and
rude was sent out from a senior officer in the Foundation to its
volunteers.  I know Gayle is a new hire, so I'm assuming good faith that
she wasn't aware that taking this sort of attitude with volunteers would go
down like a lead balloon.

Someone at the WMF needs to take Gayle into an office and patiently explain
to her that the volunteers whose access she just "disabled, effective
immediately" are the same ones that keep the websites that per her salary
going.

Cheers,
Craig Franklin