[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Jared Zimmerman joins Wikimedia Foundation as Director of UX

Nurunnaby Chow. Hasive nh at nhasive.com
Mon May 6 19:44:42 UTC 2013

Congrtz Jared Zimmerman..

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 10:44 PM, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> It’s my great pleasure to announce that today, Jared Zimmerman will
> start as Wikimedia Foundation’s Director of User Experience. As UX
> Director, Jared will lead the design team and have a hands-on role on
> the team, contributing his own design work. It’s still a small team
> (Brandon, Vibha, May, and Pau), but we expect to hire an additional
> 3-4 designers in the coming 12-18 months.
>
> Prior to Wikimedia, Jared was Principal Interaction Designer at
> Autodesk, where he worked with engineers, visual artists, and user
> experience researchers to create new software solutions for
> architecture and design professionals with an emphasis on AutoCAD for
> Mac and soon to be released online design collaboration tools. Jared
> has led cross-disciplinary design teams in his roles at Autodesk,
> Ammunition Group, and iconmobile, including creative direction.
>
> At Autodesk, he was part of the transition to agile development and
> helped his design teams apply those principles to their work. During
> his time there he worked with design management to establish designers
> as product owners in the scrum process, to further integrate them into
> the development process from start to finish, as well as teaching his
> team best practices for use of agile design tools.
>
> Jared has degrees in Graphic Design (BGD) and Fine Art Photography
> (BFA) from the Rhode Island School of Design. His photography has been
> in featured in publications such as Travel + Leisure Magazine,
> ZonaRetiro, and Huffington Post.
>
> In addition to starting in his new job, Jared is also planning his
> wedding in July to his fiancée Shannon. [1] In his spare time Jared is
> wrapping up a remodel to their home, working on his first iPhone app,
> experimental cooking, photographing the bay area & abroad [2], and
> answering questions on Quora. [3]
>
> I look forward to Jared’s leadership in helping elevate a delightful,
> consistent and efficient User Experience to becoming a key measure of
> success for our work.
>
> Please join me in welcoming Jared! :-)
>
> Erik
>
> [1] http://shannonbadiee.com/
> [2] http://www.flickr.com/photos/spoinknet/
> [3] https://www.quora.com/Jared-Zimmerman/answers
>
> --
> Erik Möller
> VP of Engineering and Product Development, Wikimedia Foundation

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive*
Moderator | Prothom-Alo Blog <http://www.prothom-aloblog.com>
Assignment Reporter | The Daily Prothom-Alo <http://www.prothom-alo.com>
Auto-confirmed, Reviewer & Roll backer Editor | Bangla
Wikipedia<http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:nhasive>
Treasurer & Coordinator (PR) | Bangladesh Open Source Network
(BdOSN)<http://www.bdosn.org>
Central Team MOVers | Bangladesh Mathematical Olympiad Committee
(BdMO)<http://www.matholympiad.org.bd>