[Wikimedia-l] WikiReaders4Kids

Oona Castro ocastro at wikimedia.org
Sun May 5 18:26:07 UTC 2013

Hi Victor,
hope you're well.

I found the campaign awsome and will be donating some money.
I was wondering whether that would be nice to donate some of them to the
global south, though import taxes might be an issue, as well as the fact
that it comes with the English Wikipedia and downloading other languages is
not that intuitive, though it's possible.

Perhaps we could do the work of dowloading different languages and make a
contest to give them to a few here in Brazil, in India, Argentina, Egypt,
elsewhere?

The other thing I though of was: I recently was gifted by Henrique with one
of those and in Amazon it's being sold by less than 10 dollars. So I think
you may get a good bargain for less than US$ 25 if you talk through it.

let me know what you think

Best regards

Oona