[Wikimedia-l] [WCA] [Wikimania 2013] Research and Presentation: Chapters in Numbers

Fae faewik at gmail.com
Wed May 1 11:58:10 UTC 2013

I have two presentations in at the conference, one specifically about
the work of the WCA peer review task force :-)
Links:
* http://wikimania2013.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/Peer_review_for_chapters_and_thematic_organizations
* http://wikimania2013.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/Top_risks_for_Wikimedia_Commons_partners

In a week or so's time, I will also start arranging a
chapter/thorg/WMF "board members" training event, to run either the
day before the Wikimania main schedule starts or later in the year if
timing defeats us. Logistics and details of content have yet to be
worked out (Wikmedia legal issues, risk management and financial
reporting are the sort of core topics to address), but this seemed to
be very warmly received by sufficient chapter folks, and certainly
trustees of the WMF board, as an effective and economic way of
ratcheting up our governance quality across the Wikimedia community.

MichaƂ, I will be following up on "admin:fundraising:program" ratios.
Obviously we can share any information we pull together in the area of
metrics and performance indicators. There is never going to be a
single metric which tells us "good" or "bad", that is why I like the
idea of very simple one-page dashboard of key indicators and trends for a board
("executives" on any board need something they can crib from in 60
seconds while travelling to a meeting ;-) ).

PS I can't *guarantee* that my chapter will fund me to attend yet, the
board cannot commit on which trustees are being sent until after we
elect a new board in June.

Cheers,
Fae
--