[Wikimedia-l] "Adopt a page"

Mark delirium at hackish.org
Sat Mar 30 22:28:00 UTC 2013

There's a little of that which goes on currently (I mean above-board,
not counting anything that may happen unofficially). The most common
case is that a cultural organization, such as a museum, provides funds
for a "Wikipedian in residence" who is brought in to do a mixture of
training other people, and paying special attention to articles in a
particular area of interest.

I imagine this avoids trouble in most cases mainly because the goals are
aligned: if we believe the cultural organization is, like us, only
aiming at high-quality, accurate, NPOV coverage of their subject area,
rather than any kind of self-aggrandizement or POV-pushing, then we have
much in common.

-Mark