[Wikimedia-l] Introducing Ellie Young as Conference Coordinator

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton.alvarenga at okfn.org
Fri Mar 29 23:09:09 UTC 2013

[off-topic]

2013/3/29 Matthew Roth <mroth at wikimedia.org>

> I hear 2014 will be a very busy year in Brasil
> Some sport thing with a ball and a large green pitch :)

Yeah, we are going to have the world cup, where millions and millions
of reais (our currency) is going to corrupts to an event that lasts
only a few days and only high middle class to rich people (and
foreigners, hey!) will have access to.

And silly people believe in the silly arguments of economical benefits
from this crap. Just hace a look at South Africa case. :(

Fortunately, I hope I will stay far from Brazil to don't see this,
because only who live here and use Brazilian public services (I am not
mentioneing the blind middle class) will see the consequences in the
mid and long term of so much corruption.

Hopefully hotels will be so expensive that Wikimania here won't be sustainable.

Tom

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
OKFN Brasil - Rede pelo Conhecimento Livre