[Wikimedia-l] IdeaLab (it was: Office hour inside out (program evaluation)) Re:

Everton Zanella Alvarenga tom at wikimedia.org
Wed Mar 27 17:39:32 UTC 2013

Hi,

thanks for sharing the IdeaLab portal. [1] I didn't know it, although
I knew portals and individual inside him, like the Individual
Engagement Grants. I don't have time now to make longer comments, but
two questions:

1) Is there a possibility for thie committee to be more open, like the
WMF grants program? [2]

2) Isn't time for we think out of the box, I mean, out of the wiki and
try technologies that can foster the community evaluation of
projetcs/idea and discussions? I know the question is too general, but
recently, for isntance, I thought about using a reddit like system for
the Portuguese Wikipedia village pump for the community distringuish
try to distinguish what is good or not. I mentioned something like All
Our Ideas once <http://www.allourideas.org/>, but I think there are
other things worth trying, if possible.

P. S. Just look the discussion system inside a wiki. Damn.

Tom

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab
[2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Index

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful