[Wikimedia-l] Will Beback, Arbcom and Community oversight

Dariusz Jemielniak darekj at alk.edu.pl
Sun Mar 24 06:54:06 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 4:17 AM, James Heilman <jmh649 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This case partly pertains to how we see as the Wikimedia Movement see
> the interactions between Jimmy Wales, the Wikipedia community and
> Arbcom. It would be interesting to get the perspectives of other
> language versions of Wikipedia.

I'm not certain if there is any common pattern of interactions between the
Arbcoms, the Wikipedia communities, and Jimmy Wales. in any case, I think
that local issues (one local ArbCom decision) should not necessarily be
discussed at international level, unless there is a clear concrete
explanation what can be drawn from them - way too often the English
Wikipedia and its ArbCom are presented and interpreted as THE Wikipedia and
THE ArbCom.

best,

dariusz