[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Foundation Report, February 2013

Garfield Byrd gbyrd at wikimedia.org
Mon Mar 18 20:45:18 UTC 2013

Pine:

Our relationship with JP Morgan Chase is that they handle part of our
international banking.  This is a separate division of the bank from the
one that had the trading losses.  I agree with you that this type of news
report is not good news.  I have reviewed the information I have available,
and have determined that the money JP Morgan Chase is holding for the
Wikimedia Foundation is not at risk.

When we did a review of banks that can handle our international
banking, unfortunately  all of the banks we looked at were involved in some
sort scandal, from risky trades to LIBOR manipulation.  This is not an
ideal situation for a community based movement and I am continuing to look
at options for all or some parts of our international banking needs.

Regards,

Garfield