[Wikimedia-l] Mid-Year Financial Statements

Garfield Byrd gbyrd at wikimedia.org
Mon Mar 18 20:00:22 UTC 2013

Thomas:

The Wikimedia Foundation is looking at its capacity to hire and is
reviewing how many positions we can hire next fiscal year.  We are working
overall to have a good annual plan that matches our outcomes, but with a
dynamic movement like this one, variance from plan is a part of the process
as we want to make sure we are spending money prudently and not just to
meet plan.

In addition, since unspent money goes into the Wikimedia Foundation
reserves, which we are still in process of building, we have some time to
calibrate the the annual planning process to the needs of the Wikimedia
Movement and the Wikimedia Foundation.

Regards,

Garfield Byrd