[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia (Foundation) endowment

James Alexander jamesofur at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 06:43:19 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 11:36 PM, Theo10011 <de10011 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013, James Alexander <jamesofur at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Aye, I know for example that our page views have more then doubled in the
> > last 5 years (since 2008) and I believe grew even more dramatically in
> the
> > years before that.
>

> They increased a lot, but I don't think they more than doubled, or even
> doubled[2]. The rise is pretty steady from Feb 09.
>
> Regards
> Theo

According to http://reportcard.wmflabs.org/ (which is, I believe, the
official numbers from the logs and comscore) we went from 9.55B page views
in July 2008 to 21.79B page views in Feb 2013. We also went from 242M
uniques in January 2008 to 488M in 2013 (I believe comscore undercounts
developing countries where less advertising is focused as well so that
number is probably more dramatic).

James