[Wikimedia-l] WMF Grants Program Retrospective 2009-2012 published

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 04:02:03 UTC 2013

After reading this more thoroughly:  I am deeply impressed.  This sort
of review should be carried out for all major ongoing projects.

For instance, it could be useful to have a similar retrospective on
major technical features that have been implemented or formally
requested by large Wikimedia wikis over the past 4 years -- and those
that have been developed by the WMF and either implemented or not
(depending on how they were received).   I realized recently that many
developers believe their work's implementation, and what it is
possible for them to accomplish, is governed by whether the community
likes it or not.  Meanwhile many community members feel they have no
control over what features are developed or prioritized.  An
independent review could help demystify that cycle.

SJ

Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266