[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia (Foundation) endowment

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 01:55:58 UTC 2013

On 15 March 2013 01:51, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> The "what's the level required
> for bare survival" question is, IMO, only of marginal interest,
> because it is much more desirable, and should be very much possible,
> to raise funds for sustaining our mission in perpetuity.

Perhaps a more useful measure is to look at the differentiation in the WMF
budget between what is considered "core" and what is approved by the FDC.
How much is that "core" amount (for this year, at least) and how large
would an endowment would be needed to pay for the maintenance and probable
steady growth of that amount?

-Liam