[Wikimedia-l] GLAM-Wiki 2013 - one month to go!

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Thu Mar 14 23:08:29 UTC 2013

Hi all, and apologies for crossposting -

We've been pushing ahead with the last stages of planning for the
GLAM-Wiki conference these past couple of weeks, and I thought I'd
send around a reminder that it'll be four weeks from now!

The conference will be looking at the work done by Wikimedians working
with cultural organisations over recent years, and highlighting the
prospects for future cooperation. It will involve a series of talks
and reports (Friday), workshops (Saturday), and an
unconference\hackathon run by THATcamp (Sunday).

The conference is hosted by the British Library in London from 12-14
April, and organised by Wikimedia UK with support from Wikimedia
Sweden and Europeana. Speakers include Michael Edson (Smithsonian),
Lizzy Jongma (Rijksmuseum), and Nick Poole (Collections Trust), as
well as twenty or thirty others from inside and outside the Wikimedia
community. More details on WMUK's blog post:
http://blog.wikimedia.org.uk/2013/03/glam-wiki-celebrating-culture-and-open-access/

An outline of the conference is here:
http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM-WIKI_2013 with a detailed schedule
here: http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM-WIKI_2013/Schedule

Looking forward to seeing some of you there, and please do circulate
this to anyone who might be interested!

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk