[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia (Foundation) endowment

Craig Franklin craig at halo-17.net
Thu Mar 14 12:40:15 UTC 2013

Hi Manuel,

In my professional experience with endowments (which isn't that extensive,
I must confess), the investments are typically extremely conservative and
designed to give a steady and reliable long term flow of dividends, rather
than shooting for quick capital gains through risky investments in shares
or property.  Things like debentures, government bonds, fixed interest
deposits, and so forth.  Even in these current times of financial
uncertainty, a competent investment adviser should be able to construct an
investment portfolio that provides a modest return with little risk.

Regards,
Craig Franklin

Message: 5