[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia (Foundation) endowment

Manuel Schneider manuel.schneider at wikimedia.ch
Thu Mar 14 08:09:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

Am 14.03.2013 06:48, schrieb MZMcBride:
> I've started collecting notes about a possible Wikimedia or Wikimedia
> Foundation endowment here: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Endowment>.

thanks for collecting these links, they are interesting. Anyway, I
didn't fully understand the idea behind the page, especially as a
non-native speaker I have problems to come up with a proper translation
/ understanding of "Endowment". I understand it as "what WM(F) owns" and
it may refer to the "right" WM(F) expects to have on getting / using
their donated money or may refer to the reserves WMF is currently building.

Can you explain this a bit better for people like me, please? Maybe
right on that Meta page would be good, so others can read it as well.

Thank you,

Manuel

Lausanne, +41 (21) 34066-22 - www.wikimedia.ch