[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Lua scripting enabled today on all wikis

Mathieu Stumpf psychoslave at culture-libre.org
Thu Mar 14 08:00:09 UTC 2013

Le 2013-03-13 19:38, Guillaume Paumier a écrit :
> Greetings,
>
> As you might have seen on the Wikimedia tech
>
> blog<https://blog.wikimedia.org/2013/03/11/lua-templates-faster-more-flexible-pages/>(article
> included below) or the tech
> ambassadors
>
> list<http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-ambassadors/2013-March/000171.html>,
> a new functionality called "Lua" is being enabled on all Wikimedia
> sites
> today.

That's so great, thank you! I know there are plenty of templates that
need it. For example I was waiting for it to write one which generate
wiktionnaire articles for number, so you can go to
https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/15687435, and get a description of how
you prononce it in (hopefuly) each wiktionnaire covered language, plus
some description.

Thank you to bring us this tool. :)

Kind regards,
mathieu