[Wikimedia-l] Are there plans for interactions between wikidata and wiktionaries ?

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 15:14:33 UTC 2013

Hoi,
There is no point at all in maintaining the software currently used by
OmegaWiki. That would be foolish. Nobody who knows OmegaWiki will ask for
that.

What we are asking for is that we ensure that the structures that exist in
OmegaWiki are replicated in Wikidata for reasons that are clear and
obvious. Technically there are a few things that make sense to have..

For instance.. In the Dutch language we have a noun, a verb an adjective
.... we do not have a country in this class. A noun can be male, female or
neutral .... we do not have a stupid.  We have singular and plural and we
do not have dual like in Arabic.

When there is a concept, we have synonyms and translations that are used as
such but do not cover the original concept well. We want to be able to
indicate this.

Really Denny, all we need is to keep the structure, the data. We do not
even want to be dogmatic about this (too much). What we want are things
that fulfil a need, that have a purpose.
Thanks,
         GerardM