[Wikimedia-l] WikiVoyage Association as a thematic organization

Manuel Schneider manuel.schneider at wikimedia.ch
Mon Mar 11 07:49:08 UTC 2013

Am 10.03.2013 20:45, schrieb Federico Leva (Nemo):
> Chapters have fees because associations have fees; they should follow
> the laws and customs of their geography and a one-size-fits-all global
> regulation would be a big mistake. (It might even be illegal in some
> jurisdictions for some associative forms.)
>
> I also question your secondary premise that interested people are left
> out by fees, and I encourage you to demonstrate this claim.

my point of view is that sometimes it just makes sense to have fees just
as a principal: If you are a serious organisation you need serious
people. Having to pay a (small) fee is a certain "filter" to get people
who are more serious than those who would become a member just because
it sounds fun and is free anyway.

/Manuel
Lausanne, +41 (21) 34066-22 - www.wikimedia.ch