[Wikimedia-l] WikiVoyage Association as a thematic organization

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 19:45:08 UTC 2013

rupert THURNER, 10/03/2013 20:17:
> good point, chapters have had traditionally membership fees, because
> in the startup phase there was no other possibility to finance it. [...]

I question this premise.
Chapters have fees because associations have fees; they should follow
the laws and customs of their geography and a one-size-fits-all global
regulation would be a big mistake. (It might even be illegal in some
jurisdictions for some associative forms.)

I also question your secondary premise that interested people are left
out by fees, and I encourage you to demonstrate this claim.

Nemo