[Wikimedia-l] fiction: WMF policy of paying less than market

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Thu Mar 7 15:42:32 UTC 2013

On 03/07/2013 10:28 AM, Milos Rancic wrote:
> I can guess what are the advantages and disadvantages of being employed by
> WMF, but it would be good not to speculate.

FWIW as a recent datapoint: the compensation I was offered was lower
than what I could have expected in the for-profit sector in my area, but
not unreasonably so.

When I accepted the offer, I did so knowing that (a) remuneration in the
non-profit sector is generally lower, and (b) the working conditions
were generally advantageous to my present situation.  I would expect the
same holds true of any rational person offered a position or contract.

-- Marc