[Wikimedia-l] Provisional Wikimedia Kenya no longer a chapter

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 23:36:30 UTC 2013

Hi Mike,

They have not yet incorporated and haven't signed a chapters agreement.
They are not being encouraged to incorporate without being certain that
they want to and are able to take on the responsibilities of running an
organization (with the requirements to file government reports; have annual
assemblies, etc.).

Incorporation is not needed for recognition as a user group, although it is
a possibility. It is a less formal way of association than that which is
required for a chapter, but if a user group is stable and big enough
conversion into a chapter is a possibility.

Best regards,
Bence

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 12:27 AM, Michael Peel <michael.peel at wikimedia.org.uk