[Wikimedia-l] Open Knowledge Foundation and Wikimedia Foundation

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 13:42:59 UTC 2013

On 3/1/13 8:37 AM, Fae wrote:
> On 1 March 2013 12:08, Everton Zanella Alvarenga
> <everton.alvarenga at okfn.org> wrote:
>> http://wiki.okfn.org/Open_Knowledge_Foundation_and_Wikimedia_Foundation
>> Tom
> Good idea Tom. As it's a wiki, I have taken the initiative to move the
> page to <http://wiki.okfn.org/Open_Knowledge_Foundation_and_Wikimedia>,
> as based on the page introduction it appears to be intended to cover
> projects wider than partnerships directly with the Wikimedia
> Foundation. There are many other groups like the Wikimedia Chapters
> and the evolving Wikimedia thematic organizations, that act
> independently but are part of the Wikimedia community, and run all
> sorts of interesting open knowledge content projects, as well as
> lobbying for legal and government policy change to enable access to
> open knowledge.
>
> Cheers,
> Fae

Just an FYI. virtually no one at OKF but...like...me, and a couple of
our 30 some staff members actually use the wiki (and it's really only
for some HR documents). So, it'll most likely be left untouched or
unmaintained, by anyone. I just mention this because at our recent staff
summit we did a survey and everyone agreed that the wiki isn't the
primary spot where we work.

We're actually even considering making the wiki internal because it's
not fruitful for anyone outside of the internal community. So..don't
expect much to happen with that wiki space.

-Sarah

--
*Sarah Stierch*
*/Museumist and open culture advocate/*