[Wikimedia-l] Recognizing the GLAM-Wiki U.S. Consortium as a Wikimedia User Group

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 16:42:57 UTC 2013

Hi all,

It is my pleasure to draw your attention to the resolution adopted by the
Affiliations Committee yesterday [1] that recognizes the GLAM Wiki U.S.
Consortium[2] as the fifth Wikimedia User Group.

The GLAM-Wiki US Consortium will bring together cultural organizations,
Wikipedians, Wikimedia chapters, and individuals in an independent
community of practice devoted to supporting the GLAM-Wikimedia initiative
in the United States

Wikimedia User Groups[3] are one of the three new types of affiliations
created last year to empower volunteers wanting to conduct offline work.
User group status is meant to be an easy form of affiliation, where the
main requirements are an agreed goal, plans for offline work and a history
of projects, and at least three people participating, as well as a public
wiki page with all the relevant information.

Please join me in welcoming the Consortium to the Wikimedia affiliate
family, and go ahead and sign up to be a member if you would like to
participate in its work.

Best regards.
Bence Damokos,
Affiliations Committee