[Wikimedia-l] Erik Zachte on bot-generated articles

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 13:51:20 UTC 2013

On 23 June 2013 14:41, David Cuenca <dacuetu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe better when the human generated content is greater than the one
> originally added by the bot. Otherwise I can imagine someone adding one
> comma to each article just to make it show up in the stats...

I would say that worrying about article count rankings as much as
people are in this thread is largely missing the point, i.e. making
something that is more useful to readers than nothing at all would be,
and that (per Erik's original comment) attracts new contributors.

Article counts are way, way down the list of important considerations.

- d.