[Wikimedia-l] If you are passionate about world hunger, sustainability and global issues please read this

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 06:42:43 UTC 2013

On 18 June 2013 18:38, Alex Peek <alexpeek1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I demand that my project gets global attention.

Well you've got British and German

> I cannot emphasize how
> important this is. The current political leadership has shown incapable of
> addressing our current problems (environmental destruction  world hunger,
> etc.).

Given the current size of nuclear stockpiles I'd suggest it has.

> Change is needed. A new economic perspective is needed.

Been tried. Didn't end well.

> I feel
> morally responsible to stand on top of a mountain and yell for attention.

Would you like us to direct you to the nearest mountain?

> My intentions are altruistic.  People are dying of starvation everyday and
> I will not shut up until they have food.

You might want to study the issue a bit more closely before talking about
it. For example people tend to be dying of malnutrition more than
starvation per se

> I have listed below draft article that I have been working on. Please check
> them out.

I'm not seeing what it adds to wikipedia or how it addresses the complex
socio-political issues around modern food distribution. For example while
the western world probably has the ability to end large scale malnutrition
in north korea the deaths of 10 million or so people in Seoul during the
opening stages of removing the kimn family from power make such actions
undesirable.
--
geni