[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Fwd: Re: Swedish Wikipedia reach 1 million (with supportof bots)

Balázs Viczián balazs.viczian at wikimedia.hu
Tue Jun 18 12:27:43 UTC 2013

WMHU had issues with the manual version of mass copying.

One of the most known, highly active and trusted user (at that time already
an admin) of WMHU, on the project for five years (from 2005) as of the date
it was revealed in 2010, have copied over half of his 11.000+ articles that
he created over these years. Unfortunately 5227 of them had to be deleted.

The full story (in Hungarian) is here:
http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:A_VIL_copy_%C3%BCgy

Use google translator as long as the comminity does not create a free, open
source online (wiki)translator ;)

Maybe this is why I disagree with this human is better than bot reasoning -
there is no guarantee for that. Both the same imo.

However bot errors (most of the times) can be fixed much more easily. They
will create as good articles only as their owners are  thorough (for
example making sure using the most up to date sources for butterflies).

Cheers,

Balázs