[Wikimedia-l] Swedish Wikipedia reach 1 million (with support of bots)

Hubertl hubert.laska at gmx.at
Mon Jun 17 10:09:56 UTC 2013

Payin´ peanuts, gettin´ monkeys

Servin´ facts, gettin´ idiots.

An unmanageable, not maintainable mass of articles is the best way to
breed idiots. Because facts do not create knowledge.

If that is our goal, then automatically created Wikipedias ar the best
way to solve one of our biggest problems, namely the permanent loss of
authors.

Maybe it is completely sufficient if you know that somewhere facts are
stored in a most possible stupid form.

I started more than fifty years ago learning about facts, facts without
understanding. But nine years ago I startet to learn something about
knowledge, understanding and correlations.

Why do not you need people like me? If we have bots now?

Do we want to make ourselves more important with impressive numbers?

Hubertl!

The german language Wikipedia has no single article that was generated
by a bot. I'm proud of it. If this would take place in de:WP, many
people will leave this project. With certainty.

Anyway, that does not matter, a bot is probably much better for monkeys!