[Wikimedia-l] PRISM

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Jun 15 15:06:41 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 10:16 AM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net>wrote:

> > (Yes, you can speculate that they're probably doing this too, but this
> > particular scandal is the NSA getting information from computer networks
> > with the permission of the computer owners, not despite the owners
> > actively
> > trying to keep them out.)
>
> Actually, there is a small attached CIA unit to do just that. The story
> is a bit bigger than what The Guardian has published so far.

Did you read what I said?  Yes, you can speculate that that's what they're
doing.  But that's not what was published.

The fact of the matter is that there would be a much bigger uproar if the
NSA were caught doing what Aaron Swartz did, on American soil against an
innocent American company.  If NSA were caught breaking into wiring closets
and hacking into computer networks, the 4th Amendment violation would be
way more obvious and incontrovertible.