[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] PRISM, government surveillance, and Wikimedia: Request for community feedback

Tomasz W. Kozlowski tomasz at twkozlowski.net
Sat Jun 15 01:19:55 UTC 2013

Geoff,
I'm a bit lost here now that I've read that translation notice more
carefully — are you really saying you want to have this post translated
into German, French, Spanish and Japanese by Tuesday, June 18, and then
for the local communities to comment on it by Friday, June 21?

There is just no way that this can scale in this world.

FYI, I posted a message asking for translations at
<http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2013-June/002311.html>,
and I'm sure that our amazing volunteer translators can get it
translated into those four languages (and more) by noon on Sunday (PST).

(And again—doing this kind of things on a Friday is a Very Bad Idea[TM].)

	-- Tomasz