[Wikimedia-l] Funds Dissemination Committee first progress reports

Manuel Merz manuel.merz at wikimedia.de
Fri Jun 14 11:37:06 UTC 2013

> I am a little disappointed at the focus by WMF staff on quantitative
> metrics over everything else, which I think may have the unfortunate
> side-effect of encouraging entities to go after easily measurable
> activities rather than the most effective and worthwhile activities.
> Hopefully this will be taken into account on future assessments.

+1

It is quick to target the easily measurable, but will it actually bring us
forward? Activities and outputs are only a means to an end. So instead of
setting the focus on "easily measurable" means, I would personally prefer a
focus on building up the movement's knowledge about sustainable outcomes
and on how to get there.

Cheers,
Manuel

--
Manuel Merz
Stabsstelle Evaluation / Evaluation Unit

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Obentrautstr. 72, 10963 Berlin, Germany
www.wikimedia.de

der Nummer 23855 Nz. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für