[Wikimedia-l] WikiData and WikiSpecies

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 19:51:02 UTC 2013

Hoi,
A "species" database does not contain the same information you are likely
to find in an encyclopaedia. When you want to be comprehensive in a
database about species, you will include many revisions of genera, of
species and more. When you care about such things, have a look at IPNI.
Thanks,
     Gerard

http://ipni.org/