[Wikimedia-l] PRISM

Craig Franklin cfranklin at halonetwork.net
Mon Jun 10 12:29:15 UTC 2013

If the NSA, CIA, or some other spook agency is getting information off of
Wikimedia servers, they don't have a CU account or anything like that.
 They'd have a program running at the operating system level that extracts
the data in a standardised format and sends it off to some secret server
somewhere where it can be collated for data mining purposes.  If they have
some way of getting private information, it's going to be well hidden and
not something you or I are likely to (or capable of) stumbling across.

Cheers,
Craig