[Wikimedia-l] Thanks for all the fish!

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 20:51:56 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Yuri Astrakhan <yastrakhan at wikimedia.org>wrote:

> Milos, lets call it an extended sabbatical instead! You never know when you
> might come back, and you are always welcome :)

Indeed :) Some sabbaticals are longer than others, but I don't think a
person ever stops being a Wikimedian, and the door is always open!

Florence said what was on my mind -- thank you for writing this note. I
appreciate it as well, and appreciate having gotten to know you, and your
ideas and passion for projects, over the past years.

Like you, this is my 10-year anniversary in Wikimedia, and I've been
reflecting on it quite a bit. A decade is a long time, and spending it
wrapped up in Wikimedia is without a doubt life-changing. For me, it has
been life-changing largely because of all of the remarkable people I've
gotten to meet -- and that definitely includes a certain hacker from
Belgrade.

To exciting future journeys, my friend!
-- phoebe