[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Recognition of Amical Wikimedia

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 04:29:17 UTC 2013

Agreed with what others have said - this is great news!

Many of us know what a longstanding issue this has been - how to recognise
and support the excellent work of the Catalan community in a way that fits
within our structures.
There have been many years of sometimes controversial debates about the
role of Chapters etc. that have revolved around this as a case-in-point.
So, I'm pleased to see that we now have a way of formally recogising
Amicalthat is supportive of their work but also recognises the
different
circumstances of their situation.

I look forward to seeing how the Thematic Organisations system will grow
and also to seeing how we can develop the range of ways that individuals
and groups can be recognised without it being a zero-sum-game.

All in all, excellent news :-)

-Liam

wittylama.com
Peace, love & metadata