[Wikimedia-l] WikiData and WikiSpecies

Ziko van Dijk vandijk at wmnederland.nl
Thu Jun 6 13:00:03 UTC 2013

Hello,

I also think that it should not be seen as blasphemy when someone suggests
to reconsider a Wikimedia project. (Remember Asaf's session in Milan.)
Isn't Wikispecies not already redundant because in Wikipedia every species
is notable anyway?

Kind regards
Ziko

Am Montag, 3. Juni 2013 schrieb Gerard Meijssen :

> Hoi,
> Taxonomy is not the thing that occupies me. It is however something I have
> experience with.. Everyone who knows anything about the taxonomy of plants
> can confirm that a taxon without publishing details is incomplete.
> Thanks,
>       Gerard
>

> On 3 June 2013 17:03, Magnus Manske <magnusmanske at googlemail.com<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Gerard Meijssen
> > <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com <javascript:;>>wrote:
> >

> > > Really, taxonomy is tricky. FYI I have an 80 MB database with ONLY
> cacti
> > > and succulents. I learned a lot in the process.
> > >
> > > So, have you imported that to Wikidata yet?

Ziko van Dijk
voorzitter / president Wikimedia Nederland
deputy chair Wikimedia Chapters Association Council

Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland
Postbus 167
3500 AD Utrecht
http://wikimedia.nl