[Wikimedia-l] [X-POST] Universal Language Selector(ULS) Deployment - Phase 1

Peter Coombe thewub.wiki at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 5 20:58:08 UTC 2013

What is the rationale for moving ULS from the personal toolbar to the
interlanguage links on some sites? I find this change odd:

* makes location and appearance of ULS inconsistent between sites
* personal toolbar seems the conventional place for per-account settings
and tools
* features it is replacing like WebFonts live in the personal toolbar
* interlanguage links are something rather different, taking the user to a
wholly different site

Pete / the wub