[Wikimedia-l] New designs for account creation and login rolling out gradually to all projects

Steven Walling swalling at wikimedia.org
Wed Jun 5 20:50:37 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 8:05 PM, Steven Walling <swalling at wikimedia.org>wrote:

> The remaining projects we have held off on because there are localizations
> still to be completed (on translatewiki) or there are problems with
> localizations already finished. Since the work of localizations is never
> 100% complete however, we are putting out a hard *deadline of June 5th*,
> after which we'll be turning on the forms for all projects, in all
> languages.  If you're interested in learning more about which wikis in
> particular need help, please email me off-list or get in touch via my user
> talk page anywhere.

Per my previous announcement and a note delivered more widely as a part of
Tech News (thanks Guillom, Odder and others for that), we're going to be
enabling the new design as default for all remaining Wikimedia projects
today. You should start seeing it visible after 22:00 UTC.

All of the top 10 language projects by size are complete and should have no
remaining issues, but the long tail of smaller wikis have not yet completed
translation [1]. The messages have been out for several weeks now, so if
you're like Turkish, Hindi, or Urdu and don't have the new login or signup
strings translated, now's your reason to get started. ;-)

Even if translations are complete, you might notice a few red links to be
tidied up. There's a list of these help links in our testing
documentation,[2] and I'll be going around trying to help do any final
customizations.

1. See a list sorted by completed translations for MediaWiki core at
https://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Special%3AMessageGroupStats&x=D&group=core&suppressempty=1&language=#sortable:3=desc
2.
mediawiki.org/wiki/Account_creation_user_experience/Testing#Providing_help_links

--
Steven Walling
https://wikimediafoundation.org/