[Wikimedia-l] Wikivoyage logo

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 17:25:42 UTC 2013

On Jun 4, 2013, at 2:24 AM, Mathieu Stumpf <psychoslave at culture-libre.org> wrote:

> Isn't it because trademark is based on the completly irrelevant and irrealistic willing to have an unilateral despotic control on some symbol, branded as "image protection", using ego/narcissistic fallacies to argue, threat and coercion to impose its observance?

What, like how the Foundation trademarks our logos, so that random scammers cannot confuse people into thinking they are looking at a free, open, community site?

The Foundation uses Trademark, Linus Torvalds went to some effort to get the Linux trademark as a community intellectual property value, there are numerous examples.

George William Herbert
Sent from my iPhone