[Wikimedia-l] WikiData and WikiSpecies

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 14:12:06 UTC 2013

Hoi,
This is great fun ...

However from the perspective of taxonomy this is not complete at all. What
is lacking are the names of the authors and the date of publication. Even
this can be insufficient because there are instances where a description
with the same name by the same people happened in the same year and in the
same publication.

Really, taxonomy is tricky. FYI I have an 80 MB database with ONLY cacti
and succulents. I learned a lot in the process.
Thanks,
      GerardM