[Wikimedia-l] WMF Board approves FDC's 2012-2013 Round 2 funding recommendations

Patricio Lorente patricio.lorente at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 02:30:12 UTC 2013

Dear members of the Wikimedia community,

As you know, on April 28, the Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) made
its Round 2 funding recommendations to the WMF Board of Trustees. [1]
>From the four proposals that were submitted in this round, the FDC
recommended that two of these movement entities receive a total of
$665,000 USD: they recommended $140,000 USD to Wikimedia Norge and
$525,000 USD to Wikimédia France.

I am pleased to share with you the news that the Board of Trustees has
made the decision to approve the FDC's 2012-2013 Round 2 funding
recommendations. [2] These funding recommendations will now be
implemented by the Foundation.

Many members of our community provided significant and thoughtful
input during Round 2. We would like to thank the Round 2 applicants,
the Funds Dissemination Committee members and staff, the ombudsperson,
and the members of the community who participated in the review
period.

We have learned much from this inaugural year of the FDC process, and
we look forward to hearing from you about your experience. The WMF
learning and evaluation team will be reaching out to those that
participated in the process to collect feedback through surveys, and
the ombudsperson will be collecting feedback as well. Learning
collected through these processes will be shared in a report.

Again, we thank you all for your dedication and commitment to this
funding process.

Best,

Patricio Lorente, Board Representative to the FDC

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FDC_portal/FDC_recommendations/2012-2013_round2
[2] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FDC_portal/Board_decisions/2012-2013_round2

--
Patricio Lorente