[Wikimedia-l] Let's have the courage to sit down and talk about VisualEditor

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Wed Jul 31 11:19:08 UTC 2013

Thanks Erik for the helpful attitude.

Out of curiosity (not sure if this was discussed in more detail before -
apologies for that), is it indeed true that Visual Editor is significantly
slower than the regular editor (it feels like that to me, but might be my
computer playing tricks on me), and is there any chance this will be
overcome soon? I'm asking because you state that you want VE to move
outside the small group of users - and making it faster might quite easily
make it more popular with the non-diehard-non-new users. Right now I often
simply use the regular editor for simple edits, because it is just quicker
(less clicks, but also faster loading).

Lodewijk