[Wikimedia-l] Staff Images

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Wed Jul 31 00:17:14 UTC 2013

On 07/12/2013 04:18 AM, Eddy Paine wrote:
> Dan, A placeholder for people without pictures shouldn't be a
> problem. Thats common use. And they are all the same so thats a OK
> thing. The picture of Rory is a picture of Rory. It even says its a
> mascot and I agree with Erik we need Tux for Engineering. And no, we
> are not in the 1950's but as a international organisation we should
> still keep in mind that tattoos aren't accepted world wide.

I don't think that should be a requirement.  Even clothing choices are
not accepted world-wide (in some places, short sleeves and/or showing
your hair are considered unacceptable).

I see no problem with Brandon's choice to show his tattoo.  It might be
nice to use a greater depth of field so his face was in focus too, but
you can still see it.

Matt Flaschen