[Wikimedia-l] On the gentrification of Wikipedia, by Superbass (was: Visual Editor)

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Tue Jul 30 03:18:18 UTC 2013

On 07/29/2013 11:10 PM, Risker wrote:
> which are used daily on hundreds of pages,
> and they serve a very important function.

Yeah, but they are duct tape over weaknesses/flaws in wikimarkup, not a
valuable feature.  This revolves back to the difficulty in trying to
pretend a talk page in wikimarkup is a discussion medium and doing
"forum" kind of things with it.

You can break nuts by hitting them with your glasses; I'd rather give
you a nutcracker than keep trying to reinforce your glasses so that they
don't break.  :-)

-- Marc