[Wikimedia-l] About the concentration of resources in SF (it was: "Communication plans for community engagement"

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 04:01:50 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 8:46 PM, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 1:36 PM, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 8:05 PM, Daniel Mietchen <
> > daniel.mietchen at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I could imagine that certain types of bots, tools and gadgets would
> >> benefit if handled and developed with support from a chapter.
> >>
> >> For instance,
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Citation_bot
> >> is used widely but cannot be maintained by its original author.
> >> It is currently being ported to Labs (
> >> https://github.com/wrought/citation-bot )
> >> to restore functionality, but due to ongoing developments in other
> >> areas (e.g. citation templates), adaptations are necessary on an
> >> ongoing basis. Who should do that? And what about feature requests?
> >>

> > Yes! From a user perspective, that's definitely an area of need, and a
> > great example too. Personal note: I LOVE Citation Bot, and I hope it
> comes
> > back soon!
>
> It appears to be operating
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Citation_bot

Ah, thanks, I didn't check -- just saw the inactive note on the bot page.
Glad to see that it's operating; I was super sad when it went away as it
makes it so easy to cite recent journal articles.

Anyway, yes, a good example of a small tool that makes editing easier :)

-- phoebe

--
* I use this address for lists; send personal messages to phoebe.ayers <at>
gmail.com *