[Wikimedia-l] Questions for the WMF Board of Trustees?

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 03:31:59 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Every year at Wikimania the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees hosts a
panel where they take questions from the audience on the work of the WMF
and the Board.

In past years the board has also taken questions via IRC. This year we'd
also like to provide the opportunity to leave questions on a wiki page
ahead of time:
http://wikimania2013.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMF_Board_Q%26A

While there is only time to answer a few questions during the session
itself, hopefully this will be a good way of getting questions from
attendees as well as from those who can't make it. The board will also take
questions from the audience at Wikimania, as time permits.

Remember the Board doesn't deal directly with work on or problems on the
projects, and does not have a direct hand in how the WMF operates
day-to-day. Rather, the board thinks about the big picture, and gives
direction on strategy for the WMF. You can find out more about what the
board does (and does not do) here:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Board_of_Trustees and
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_handbook

best,
phoebe

--
* I use this address for lists; send personal messages to phoebe.ayers <at>
gmail.com *