[Wikimedia-l] Updates on VE data analysis

Dario Taraborelli dtaraborelli at wikimedia.org
Sat Jul 27 01:28:37 UTC 2013

On Jul 26, 2013, at 5:52 PM, James Salsman <jsalsman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you intend to measure the total number of edits per day prior to
> and after the visual editor roll-out?
>
> It appears that you have not analyzed or presented any data associated
> with those statistics.
>
> For example, why are you not providing a daily version of the hourly
> graph at http://ee-dashboard.wmflabs.org/graphs/enwiki_ve_hourly_by_ui
> ?

The reason why we went for a higher resolution (hourly) is that we want to monitor these "vital signs" in real time, should something dramatic happen performance-wise or in revert rates or bot activity that we need to act upon.
We do have a graph of total hourly edits on enwiki across mainspaces here: http://ee-dashboard.wmflabs.org/graphs/enwiki_edits_api - it's trivial to bin by day and filter to the main namespace only, I'll add this to my todo list.

Dario