[Wikimedia-l] Feedback for the Wikimedia Foundation

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Wed Jul 24 02:30:18 UTC 2013

James Forrester wrote:
>Because I understand the level of concern that this matter is causing, I
>am changing my mind on this. For the duration of VisualEditor's "beta"
>period, there will be an opt-out user preference. This will be deployed
>tomorrow morning, San Francisco time.

Thank you very much for reconsidering this, James. I appreciate that it's
a bloody compromise, but I believe that it will help us all move forward.

As much as many editors have complained about dirty diffs and other bugs
in it, VisualEditor really is a remarkable achievement and it continues to
show amazing promise for the future of Wikimedia (and the broader Web). As
always, Wikimedians complain loudly and congratulate softly and this is
something I hope we all (myself included, to be sure) collectively
continue to work on and improve. :-)

Thanks again.

MZMcBride